A 15-year-old boy, Emmanuel Ameh, has been electrocuted in Achusah area of Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
It was gathered that the deceased, a student of Benue State University Technical College, died due to the alleged negligence of the staff of Jos Electricity Distribution Company, JED, in Makurdi.
Speaking to journalists on Thursday, April 22, uncle to the deceased, Samuel Olokpo, said officials of JED came to the house when everyone had gone to work and disconnected electric lines belonging to four households.
"On Monday morning, April 19, when everybody had gone to work and school, JED staff went to do their round of disconnection of customers who were indebted to the company. In the afternoon, some of our neighbours’ kids were playing around the pole and one of them m...