Monday, January 17

Tag: objections

Singer Sinead O Connor admitted to hospital after she dropped a suicidal post following the death of her son
Celebs

Singer Sinead O Connor admitted to hospital after she dropped a suicidal post following the death of her son

Sinead O'Connor has been admitted to the hospital after she dropped a suicidal post just days after her 17-year-old son took his own life. The 55-year-old  Irish singer revealed last night she was with the police and being taken to see medics in a heartbreaking Twitter post. The singer said she feels 'lost' and 'hates' herself without Shane, who took his own life last week after escaping hospital while on suicide watch. In another tweet, the singer said she's decided to follow her son.and that rhere is no point living without him She wrote online after another tweet: 'I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital. 'I'm sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while.' "I’ve decided to follow m...
AFCON 2021: Real reason referee Janny Sikazwe stopped Tunisia vs Mali early
Sport

AFCON 2021: Real reason referee Janny Sikazwe stopped Tunisia vs Mali early

Janny Sikazwe, the referee at the centre of the controversy at the end of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations match between Tunisia and Mali on Wednesday, was suffering from heat stroke and severe dehydration. It has been revealed that Sikazwe was taken to hospital after the game. Tunisia have appealed for their Group F opening fixture to be replayed, after Sikazwe blew the final whistle after just 85 minutes and then again 17 seconds before 90 minutes were up. Mali eventually won the encounter 1-0. AFCON’s head of referees, Essam Abdel-Fatah, has now come out to defend the performance of Sikazwe, claiming he was suffering from the effects of the 34-degree heat level and 65 percent humidity in Limbe, Cameroon. “The referee suffered from heat stroke and very severe dehydration, ...
Diddy buys Sean John brand out of bankruptcy for $7.5 Million
Celebs

Diddy buys Sean John brand out of bankruptcy for $7.5 Million

Music mogul and producer, Sean "Diddy" Combs has won the bid to buy back his fashion brand, Sean John. Diddy won the rights to Sean John for $7.5 million, after a bidding war with 4 other parties. The deal will be finalized this week, barring any objections. The music producer's initial bid earlier this month in bankruptcy court was $3.3 million through an acquisition company named SLC Fashion LLC. His position made him the stalking horse which means any other offer on Sean Jean would have to outdo his. The entertainment mogul, 52, started the streetwear brand back in 1998. Combs reportedly sold 90% of the company in 2016 to Global Brand Groups. At that time Sean Jean's annual retail sales were around $450 million.  In July 2021, GBG filed for Chapter 11 in...
Diddy buys Sean John brand out of bankruptcy for $7.5 Million
Celebs

Diddy buys Sean John brand out of bankruptcy for $7.5 Million

Music mogul and producer, Sean "Diddy" Combs has won the bid to buy back his fashion brand, Sean John. Diddy won the rights to Sean John for $7.5 million, after a bidding war with 4 other parties. The deal will be finalized this week, barring any objections. The music producer's initial bid earlier this month in bankruptcy court was $3.3 million through an acquisition company named SLC Fashion LLC. His position made him the stalking horse which means any other offer on Sean Jean would have to outdo his. The entertainment mogul, 52, started the streetwear brand back in 1998. Combs reportedly sold 90% of the company in 2016 to Global Brand Groups. At that time Sean Jean's annual retail sales were around $450 million. In July 2021, GBG filed for Chapter 11 in New York. Before the ...
Woman Shares Injury allegedly Inflicted on her by Bolt Driver as She Accuses him of Assaulting her and her Sister Over 200 Naira
News

Woman Shares Injury allegedly Inflicted on her by Bolt Driver as She Accuses him of Assaulting her and her Sister Over 200 Naira

A woman took to Instagram to show the injury allegedly inflicted on her by a Bolt driver. She explained that she ordered a ride and saw the estimated cost to be 1,100 Naira. However the driver allegedly chose to take a longer route despite her objections. She said he ended up meeting traffic at the longer route and by the time the trip ended, the fare came up to 1,300. She said she refused to pay and only gave him the 1,100 estimated initially so he allegedly attacked her and her sister, leaving her with a swollen eye. Read her post below.
Edo 2020: APC To Screen 6 Governorship Aspirants
News

Edo 2020: APC To Screen 6 Governorship Aspirants

The All Progressive Congress (APC) has announced that six gubernatorial candidates would be screened ahead of the party’s primary election slated for June 22nd. According to a statement signed and released by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the candidates credential would be displayer for claims and objections. The general public, as well as party members, are then invited to witness the exercise. Statement below: **Aspirant Credentials to be displayed for Claims and Objections The All Progressives Congress (APC) announces six Governorship aspirants to be screened for the Party’s June 22, 2020 Primary Election to elect the Party’s Edo state governorship candidate. The six aspirants who have bought, completed and submitted the Party’...
President Buhari, APC close their defence at the presidential election tribunal
News

President Buhari, APC close their defence at the presidential election tribunal

President Buhari and the All Progressives Congress APC, have closed their case at the presidential election petitions tribunal. The President closed his defence today Thursday August 1st after his counsel, Wole Olanipekun, filed an application.   The president who is the second respondent in the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Atiku Abubakar, its presidential candidate, opened his defence on Tuesday July 30th and presented seven witnesses between Tuesday and Wednesday July 31st. Among the witnesses President Buhari presented was his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari.   While moving the application to close the defence today, Olanipekun told the tribunal that they are satisfied with the evidence they had given. “We have come to decision that it is ti...
INEC Delists 300,000 Ineligible Voters, Publishes Register Today
News

INEC Delists 300,000 Ineligible Voters, Publishes Register Today

National Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu •Secondus: It’s first step against rigging The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said that over 300,000 ineligible voters were dropped after the Automatic Fingerprints Identification System (AFIS) screened out their names, as part of effort aimed at ensuring a clean voters’ register for the 2019 elections. The electoral body will today publish the voters’ register across the country. This is coming as the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, urged voters to troop out to their various polling booths to check their names during the four-day display of the register, saying it is the first step against rigging of the 2019 elections. The INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, disclo...
2019: 364,265 PVCs Uncollected in Ondo, Says REC
News

2019: 364,265 PVCs Uncollected in Ondo, Says REC

The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Ondo State, Dr. Rufus Akeju, has said that 364,265 Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) are still uncollected out of a total of 1,736,423 that registered in the state. Akeju gave the figure at a news conference he addressed Monday on the display of preliminary voters’ register which commences Tuesday. The REC said a total of 1,372,158 PVCs had been collected by the prospective electorate in Ondo State. According to the REC, the display of preliminary register of voters would hold between November 6th and November 12th 2018 in all the polling units across the state, advising residents to inspect their names and raise claims and objections. He said the display of the register is in line with the provision of Section 19 of the Electoral Act ...

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/gqbzggmy/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5107